Thursday, September 5, 2013

Breaking The Abbot, Testos-Your-Own, Empathy Pure

Track pants are a band requirement.
Taking a break from recording some shit and I figured I would hop on this shit like it ain't no thang. I have been working on material all morning for a project that up until now was just a myth called Arson. It feels good to be spending countless hours mixing shitty tracks to make shitty demos. Forgetting to eat, drink, and I pretty much just poop whenever I am rendering a file. Arson is something that I have been wanting to do with two of my favorite sailors in the whole wide world for a long time. Ryan "Pistol Whip" Brady and Joe "Fuck Ya'all" Moon. As of now we have never practiced and this will probably be just a damn fun thing to do when we can all find the time but I am excited enough that I just finished a third song a few minutes ago. It's really easy to write music when you don't have to worry about how good it is and just have fun with it. And then you find yourself surprised that it actually sounds pretty fucking gnar gnar all on it's own. So yeah, I am really pumped about opening that fucking pit. The biggest hurdle we'll have to jump will have to be finding a good drummer as always. They also have to have that certain sparkle that only certain sailors have. A real genuine goofball and degenerate all at once. I fear that this city is tapped out of crazy shitbags like us.

This is nice. I like his socks. And his rock hard bod.
As far as inspiration for this band, so far they musically include Bolt Thrower, Corrupted, Mournful Congregation, Boris, and Sleep. But other inspirations include Die Hard, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Trailer Park Boys, doughtnut burgers, hating everyone, and I am watching Men In Black right now so toss that in why the fuck not? In a lot of ways this band reminds me a lot of my old band Chumm that I was in for a short while. We just tried having fun and I think it's been a long time since this town or even this state has had a good fun band around. You can't walk three yards without bumping into some pompous, uninspired wang-slap musician in this shit-box. I hate a lot of things, but I pretty much hate anyone I am associated with more. I hate most musicians, most vegans, most straight edge kids, most males, most Caucasians and most Maggots. And when I say most I would say probably 98%. But it is nice to know that there are a few decent souls amongst the ruins.


Speaking of charred remnants from a forgotten past, remember all those old friends we once had? Boy those were the days huh? It is incredible to me how quickly things can just vanish when it comes to friendships. I never had that many close friendships, but the few that I did have for the most part are completely disintegrated. Not to say they can never be repaired or strengthened, life just has a way of getting in the way. People grow up and shit happens. There is really no further explanation then that in most cases. But I find it difficult to comprehend why friendships seem to spiral into disrespect and hatred in a very short amount of time. And I think at least in my case I have come to several conclusions. First of all, fuck it. My mother taught me long ago that some, (and I could tell she was being generous by saying "some.) Some people are just complete fucking piles of shit, and there is nothing that anyone can do to change that. So you will rarely find me loosing sleep over someone being a turd-train to me. But I also see how my apathy towards people can be taken as a dismissal. Which I think if we grow close enough, anyone can see that I at least try to be a decent person and try not to shit on too many people. So I am always astounded when the shit gets shoveled, no plowed onto me until I am buried up to my neck in other people's bullshit. But I see what the problem is from my side. Nietzsche once wrote "It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages." Well I believe it is not a lack of closeness, but a lack of empathy that makes unhappy friendships. No one can relate to anyone else's problems anymore. I see so little character in people these days. Just faceless, narcissistic parasites leeching off one another till there is nothing left. I have just been thinking about the virtues of empathy a lot lately, and when I try to relate to people who have done me wrong, I find it difficult to imagine that they are doing the same. But in the words of Slipknot, "Fuck it all, fuck this world, fuck everything that you stand for." Maggots for life. God Hates Us All.


No comments:

Post a Comment